Food & Function is a monthly peer-reviewed journal which provides a unique venue to publish work at the interface of the chemistry, physics and biology of food. The journal focuses on food and the functions in relation to health. – Publisher.
Archive for the ‘Medicine’ Category
Northwestern University Library now has access to the following Elsevier Publishing e-books.
• Advanced Water Injection for Low Permeability Reservoirs : Theory and Practice
• Agronomy and Economy of Turmeric and Ginger, The : The Invaluable Medicinal Spice Crops
• Analysis of Turbulent Flows with Computer Programs (Third Edition)
• Applied Cyber Security and the Smart Grid
• Atlas of Drosophila Morphology : Wild-type and Classical Mutants
• Biofabrication : Micro- and Nano-fabrication, Printing, Patterning and Assemblies
• Biorefinery in the Pulp and Paper Industry
• Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to Work : Trend Report
• Building the Most Complex Structure on Earth : An Epigenetic Narrative of Development and Evolution of Animals
• Business Continuity (Second Edition)
• Characterization of Biomaterials
• The Compliance Response to Misconduct Allegations (Second Edition)
• Compressibility, Turbulence and High Speed Flow (Second Edition)
• Context Effects on Embodied Representation of Language Concepts
• Corridors to Extinction and the Australian Megafauna
• Crisis Management at the Speed of the Internet : Trend Report
• Credit Insurance
• Designer’s Guide to the Cortex-M Processor Family, The : A Tutorial Approach
• Digital Outcasts : Moving Technology Forward without Leaving People Behind
• Domestic Violence Spills Over into the Workplace : Proven Practices
• Earthquake-Resistant Structures : Design, Build, and Retrofit
• Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics
• Engineered Nanopores for Bioanalytical Applications
• Establishing the Value of All-Hazards Risk Mitigation : Proven Practices
• Financial Whirlpools : A Systems Story of the Great Global Recession
• Foodborne Infections and Intoxications (Fourth Edition)
• Forensic Fraud
• Formulas and Calculations for Drilling, Production, and Workover (Third Edition)
• From One Winning Career to the Next (Second Edition)
• Green and Sustainable Computing: Part II
• Heavy Oil Production Processes
• Individual Differences and Personality (Second Edition)
• International Security Programs Benchmark Report : Research Report
• Low-Abundance Proteome Discovery : State of the Art and Protocols
• Managing Data in Motion
• Managing Risks in Business : Proven Practices
• Mathematical Concepts and Methods in Modern Biology
• Memory Reconsolidation
• MSP430-based Robot Applications : A Guide to Developing Embedded Systems
• Multi-criteria Decision Analysis for Supporting the Selection of Engineering Materials in Product Design
• Nanoalloys : from fundamentals to emergent applications
• Nine Practices of the Successful Security Leader : Research Report
• Plasma Engineering : Applications from Aerospace to Bio and Nanotechnology
• Polyvinyl Fluoride
• Powering Biomedical Devices
• Rabies (Third Edition)
• Real World Multicore Embedded Systems
• Role of Catalysis for the Sustainable Production of Bio-fuels and Bio-chemicals
• Safety Design for Space Operations
• Success in Innovation : Improving the Odds by Understanding the Factors for Unsuccess
• Synthetic Biology : Tools and Applications
• Visual Usability : Principles and Practices for Designing Digital Applications
• Volatile Biomarkers : Non-Invasive Diagnosis in Physiology and Medicine
• Windows 2012 Server Network Security : Securing Your Windows Network Systems and Infrastructure
• Writing for Interaction
PharmaNutrition is the truly multidisciplinary home for preclinical and clinical researchers in academia and industry, working at or close to the interface of nutritional and pharmacological treatment concepts: where “nutrition” (food, food ingredients, specialized enteral and parenteral nutrition) and “pharma” (pharmacological intervention, clinical studies) meet, including the combination of the two. – Publisher.
As the official journal of the Society of Gastrointestinal Intervention, Gastrointestinal Intervention delivers original, peer-reviewed articles for the gastroenterologists, interventional radiologists, surgeons, gastrointestinal oncologists, nurses and technicians who need current and reliable information on the interventional treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatopancreaticobiliary diseases. – Publisher.
Pharmacognosy Journal (PHCGJ) serves the need of different scientists and others involved in medicinal plant research and development. – Publisher.
Journal of Young Pharmacists (JYP) is a peer-reviewed journal featuring research articles of exceptional significance in all areas of Pharmaceutical sciences. JYP provides comprehensive coverage of issues affecting pharmaceutical education and careers. – Publisher.
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR) is a quarterly online journal run by an international Editorial Board that focuses on the global spread of antibiotic-resistant microbes. The Journal aims to track the resistance threat worldwide and to give a comprehensive view of how infectious disease experts are challenging the problem. – Publisher.
Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research (JCDR) features original research articles, reviews and interesting discussions not only for practitioners in this field but also for post graduate aspirants in the field of cardiology. – Publisher.
World history in video is an online collection of streaming video that gives users access to critically acclaimed documentaries from filmmakers worldwide. Upon completion the collection will include more than 1750 documentaries that offer a survey of human history from the earliest civilizations to the fall of the Berlin Wall. World history in video covers Africa and the Americas, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Oceania.
Theatre In Video contains more than 250 definitive performances of the world’s leading plays, together with more than 100 film documentaries, online in streaming video – more than 500 hours in all, representing hundreds of leading playwrights, actors and directors. This release includes 258 videos, equaling approximately 304 hours.
Silent Film Online database brings together more than 500 films which together represent the basis of modern cinematic technique and film theory. Carefully curated with ASP’s Video Advisory Board, the database covers silent features, serials, and shorts from the 1890s to the 1930s. High quality versions of films have been selected for the collection from leading distributors such as Kino Lorber, Lobster Films, Flicker Alley, and Image Entertainment.
The collection includes approximately 200 full-length feature films from leading independent distributors such as Kino Lorber, First Run Features, Film Movement, MK2, and the Global Films Initiative. All films were presented at major film festivals, many were nominated for awards, and many have major awards. Collectively the films in the database have won more than 1,000 awards.
Health and Society in Video defines and explores today’s latest medical progress in health and wellness issues and their impact on society– with hundreds of premium documentaries, profiles, reports, and interviews. This release provides 260 titles, equaling approximately 198 hours, growing regularly.
In partnership with California Newsreel, the oldest non-profit social issue documentary film center in the country, this collection includes cutting-edge racial justice and diversity films that inspire, educate and engage audiences. Additionally, Black Studies in Video features access to the SNCC Legacy Video Collection, a series of formal addresses, panel discussions and programs that took place at a conference and reunion unfolding over four days at Shaw University in Raleigh, North Carolina, commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee.